Congratulations on signing up for a web hosting account with us.
Step 1: Determine Your Needs
Getting started with your web hosting account is not complicated. The first step is determine what you need to do.
- Do you already have a web site or are you starting from scratch?
If you're starting from scratch, go to step 2 below.
- Do you need to transfer your web site from a previous host?
If so, Harlandhills can help you with that.
Once the transfer process is completed, proceed to step 2.
Step 2: Change Your DNS
In order to get your web site working, you must change your name servers. This is an easy, but necessary step you must follow to get started.
- If you registered your domain name with Harlandhills during signup, we have taken care of this step for you.
- If you have registered your domain name with another company (i. e. GoDaddy, NameCheap, etc.), you must follow the steps outlined on this page.
Once your DNS changes have been made, it takes roughly 24-48 hours for your web site to start resolving to Harlandhills servers. To avoid downtime during the move, please read our moving page. If it takes longer than two days for your web site to start working, please contact our support team.
Step 3: Uploading Your Web Site
If you are having Harlandhills design your website, go to step 4. Otherwise, you can begin uploading to your account now by using an FTP Client or your Control Panel's File Manager.
- If you are using an FTP client, put in your site's IP address under the "FTP address" field. Use the username and password sent to you in your welcome email. FTP always runs on Port 21.
- Once your FTP is connected, go into the "public_html" folder and begin uploading your site. To replace the default place holder page, you must upload an index.html (or index.php) in all lowercase lettering or delete the page and replace it with your own index page.
- Please note that by default, you do not have an email address setup with Harlandhills. You will need to configure this yourself in Control Panel.
Step 4: Note These Useful Links
"Before propagation" as it is defined below is the point between when you sign up and when the changes to your name servers take effect (usually about 24 hours after you change your name servers).
- "After propagation" is once your site is up and running normally.
- During propagation you should use the "Before propagation" format.
Be sure to replace the information in red with the information from your welcome email.
Place: Before Propagation: After Propagation: cPanel http://188.8.131.52/cpanel http://yourdomain.com/cpanel Webmail http://184.108.40.206/webmail http://yourdomain.com/webmail Web Site http://220.127.116.11/~username/ http://yourdomain.com
Step 5: Get Help
Harlandhills is here in case you ever have any questions. Our team of customer service representatives, server administrators, and sales professionals staff our Cleveland, Ohio office during regular business hours.
Looking for immediate answers? Check out our informative knowledge base. It has helpful articles that address commonly asked questions and issues, including useful tutorials and video tours of some of our most popular features. It's a great method to use if you're looking for quick answers to simple questions and problems.
When to use ticket support:
If you feel your issue is more complicated and more technical than an average question, we suggest that you email our support team at email@example.com. Our technicians are more than happy to help you troubleshoot and understand issues relating to email, your control panel, FTP, etc. They can also help you with many sales and billing questions and explain most Harlandhills policies and procedures.
Immediately after you email our support team, you will receive an email confirming we have received your email and that the issue has been placed in our 24/7 support queue. If you do not receive this email, we did not receive your support ticket.
Our best administrators work in our ticket system all the time. It is the best place to go to get your complicated issues resolved in a timely manner.
We do have a few suggestions for using our ticket system, though:
- Only submit one ticket per issue. If you submit multiple tickets for the same issue, it actually slows down the support process.
- Always be sure to include your primary domain name, username, and as much detail as possible. If a login or URL is needed to duplicate the problem, please include that as well. The more detail you provide to our administrators, the faster they can resolve your issue.
Step 6: Manage Your Billing
You will be billed automatically for your web hosting on the appropriate date after your purchase was completed (i. e. if you pay monthly, you will be billed monthly on the day of the month that you signed up). Please ensure that you have an updated credit card or PayPal subscription on file. If your bill is not paid in a timely manner, your service may be interrupted.
If you wish to cancel, upgrade, update information, get SSL certificates, IP addresses, or anything else related to billing, please go to our addons page. This web site lists all the information needed to proceed with those addons and steps.
To manage your billing, including to update your credit card, view invoices, change your primary email address, etc., please go to our Client Area.
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution